- Made with solid pine (solid wood)
- Choose full or twin sizes
- Hand crafted using solid wood using DURA-Brush finishing process.
- The ladder can be positioned on either the right side or left side of the front rail
- Slat roll foundation
- Heavy-duty metal bolt-through side rail connection system for extra strength
- Child safety: Meets or exceeds all CPSC and ASTM standards
- Ready to assemble
Bed, Optional trundle, Optional storage unit, Optional Hanging Tray. Top Bunk Weight Capacity – 200 lbs.
- Driftwood or Espresso finishes
- Optional storage unit or hanging tray
- Optional trundle for added sleeping or storage space
- Converts to twin/full bunk: Easily converts to a twin over full bunk with the purchase of a conversion kit.
- Converts to two twin beds: The bunk can be easily separated into two twin beds. (See the Harper Twin Bed)
- Twin/Twin Bunk: 83” L x 42.25” W x 68.75” H
- Top Bunk Weight Capacity – 200 lbs
- Drawer Storage Dimensions 75.5″ W x 15.25″ D x 10.75″ H
- Trundle Dimensions 75.38″ L x 40.38″ W x 10.25″ H
The best wood bunk bed for kids
The Highlands Harper Twin Bunk Bed is made from solid pine and features craftsman styling. These bunks look great, but they are designed sturdy and safe. It features substantial 3 inch square bed posts. They are also easy to assemble.
This bunk is really versatile. It comes in twin and full sizes and it can also be separated to serve as two free standing beds.
Plus, you can choose an optional trundle for an additional bed or two drawers underneath the bottom bed for extra storage. There’s even a matching hanging tray option for the top bunk. It’s a great place to store a light, glasses or a book.
This bunk will be a big hit with kids and it can takes years of use and abuse. It’s hand crafted using solid wood this bed is available in the Driftwood or Espresso finish and enhanced by the DURA-Brush finishing process.
The bunk beds have a slat roll foundation. A slat foundation provides support for all mattresses and mattress systems.
Note: The mattress used on the top bed should not exceed 8” in height.
The Harper Bunk Bed is part of the New Energy Highlands Bedroom Collection and offers a unique blend of strength and style.
The DURA-Brush Enhanced Driftwood finish has a “weathered” look. When subjected to this natural abuse, over time the wood will also develop a beautiful rustic patina. The 9 step DURA-Brush finishing process replicates this natural process, resulting in a finish that can stand up to even the harshest environments, making it perfectly suited for kids furniture.
The slat foundation makes this bed mattress ready by taking the place of a conventional foundation and providing a lifetime of dependable support for all mattresses and mattress systems There is a heavy-duty metal bolt-through side rail connection system for extra strength.
Highlands Collections by NE Kids
The Highlands Collections by NE Kids has a relaxed blend of warm textures and sophisticated style. The Highlands Collection uniquely transitions to any décor.
This collection is great for a sleek urban loft, ski chalet for your teenager, a rustic beach or lake hangout for your tween or simply a warm and inviting room for your kids.
Manufactured from Solid Pine, the Highlands collection is available in a Driftwood finish and Espresso.
Our unique DURA-brush finishing process further enhances the natural beauty of the Driftwood finish and results in a piece of furniture poised to transition through the years with your child. We hope you will take the time to look at all the pictures in the Highlands Catalog and be inspired by how diverse this collection truly is.
NE Kids is a company with a mission: to create and import truly unique furniture for your child. For over thirty years they’ve been accomplishing this mission with flying colors, one room at a time.
Not only will these products look fabulous, they will provide perfect safety for your children by adhering to the highest standards set by the American Society for Testing and Material and the Consumer Products Safety Commission.